We are always looking for new volunteers – Come Join Us !
Requirements to Join
You must be at least 18 years old.
You must either have an Amateur Radio License or be willing to get one with our help,
No previous training or experience is required. Training will be provided by our knowledgeable staff.
Examples of training provided include, but are not limited to:
- ARES Communications
- National Traffic System Messages
- NET Control Operation
- EOC Operations
Prior to being activated outside of Hillsborough County (if you choose) for an emergency or disaster, you must have successfully completed the following FREE online courses:
- FEMA Online Course ICS 100 ( IS-100.B)
- FEMA Online Course ICS 200 ( IS-200.B)
- FEMA Online Course ICS 700 ( IS-700.A)
- FEMA Online Course ICS 800 ( IS-800.B)
The following class is also strongly recommended but is not required:
Please note, to participate in ARES/RACES activities within Hillsborough County, FEMA Training is not required but highly recommended.
Register For Local Emergency Alerts & Notifications:
Join A Club:
- American Victory Ship Amateur Radio Club – website
- Brandon Amateur Radio Society (BARS) – website
- Clearwater Amateur Radio Society (CARS) – website
- Glorious Society Of the Wormhole Ham Radio Club – website
- Gulf Coast Amateur Radio Club – website
- Kings Point ARC – K4KPR – website
- Pinellas County Auxiliary Communication Service (PCACS) – website
- REACT Tampa Bay – website
- St. Petersburg Amateur Radio Club (SPARC) – website
- Sun City Center ARC (SCCARC) – website
- Tampa Amateur Radio Club (TARC) – N4TP – website
- Tampa Latin Radio Club – website
- West Central Florida ARRL affiliated clubs
- West Central Florida Group (WCFG) – website